Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service message at 85% battery health

My iphone X is showing service message at 85% battery health

is this normal? What to do?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:30 PM

General thought is the battery is OK up to 80%. But if your phone is displaying the service battery at 85%, I'd pay attention to it and pay to have the battery replaced at your Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Do NOT get a battery at your average iFixit type store, even if less expensive. They do NOT have access to authentic Apple Parts and some services on your phone will be effected by an aftermarket battery, and Apple won't ever touch a phone if it has been serviced by 3rd party.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 2:30 PM in response to SyedNadir16

General thought is the battery is OK up to 80%. But if your phone is displaying the service battery at 85%, I'd pay attention to it and pay to have the battery replaced at your Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Do NOT get a battery at your average iFixit type store, even if less expensive. They do NOT have access to authentic Apple Parts and some services on your phone will be effected by an aftermarket battery, and Apple won't ever touch a phone if it has been serviced by 3rd party.

Service message at 85% battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.