Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need the serial # of my stolen MacBook Pro

my macbook pro has been stolen and i need the serial # as apple support cant help without it Being visually impaired there is a lot of personal info on the macbook and I need to report as stolen. Know who stole it but they left town but may have sold it local to my location before they left. I need serial to id the mac and let authorities know.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 9:03 PM

If you signed into your Mac with an Apple ID account, the serial number is tied to your Apple ID account online. Head to the Apple ID account website and sign in with the Apple ID account you used on the Mac. Click the name of the Mac under “Devices” on the page that appears and you’ll see the Mac’s serial number.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 9:03 PM in response to orangemangathers

If you signed into your Mac with an Apple ID account, the serial number is tied to your Apple ID account online. Head to the Apple ID account website and sign in with the Apple ID account you used on the Mac. Click the name of the Mac under “Devices” on the page that appears and you’ll see the Mac’s serial number.

I need the serial # of my stolen MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.