Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Messages not downloading to iPhone on iOS 15

Hi I have this habit of having a clean install in everytime a new iOS comes up. Now as I was restoring not thru the backup in icloud but the individual one. I was able to restore everything except the messages. It was not able to download all the messages in the icloud. Hope someone can help me restore all my messages in icloud. Am planning to turn off and on the imessage in cloud but it says “messages have not been fully downloaded to this iPhone” have 2 options one is disable and download and the other one is cancel. If i disable and download will this download all my messages? Also when I turn it back on will this possible and not mess up my messages?

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:19 PM

Thank you for your reply… I was able to fix the issue but turning off the imessage in icloud then restart my phone then I turned on the messages in icloud then I got a message that i need to plug in the phone for the messages to download.

2 replies

Sep 27, 2021 6:21 AM in response to levlim

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities levlim,

We see that you're trying to restore messages to your iPhone. We understand wanting to regain access to these messages, and we'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

We'd like to have you take a look at the resource below to help with using Messages in iCloud.

Use Messages in iCloud

If you're still having an issue and your messages are not downloading, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

iCloud Messages not downloading to iPhone on iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.