Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find whether spyware is on my phone

Hello. How do I check whether spyware is on my iPhone XR or iCloud please? Are there apps / software that remove or detect it? I’ve done factory resets but I believe (having done some internet research) that when I restore my iCloud, the spyware is simply put straight back on there. I have an ex partner who has been doing this for years now and I’m still having multiple tech and non tech issues as a result. I really don’t want to have to pay exorbitant fees to a professional to resolve this, if I can do it myself. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:00 AM

Hi there MBD72,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some concerns about the security of your device and we'd be happy to help the best we can. If you believe your iPhone has been compromised, we'd recommend to first check and make sure there are no unknown profiles installed in your Settings app. The support article below will show you how to check for that.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Also if you believe that there is something unknown stored in your backup, you may want to reach out to Apple Support so they can further assist and look into this with you further. You can see your available contact options at the link below. We've also included a helpful resource for making sure your Apple ID information is secure.

Get Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 8:00 AM in response to MBD72

Hi there MBD72,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some concerns about the security of your device and we'd be happy to help the best we can. If you believe your iPhone has been compromised, we'd recommend to first check and make sure there are no unknown profiles installed in your Settings app. The support article below will show you how to check for that.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Also if you believe that there is something unknown stored in your backup, you may want to reach out to Apple Support so they can further assist and look into this with you further. You can see your available contact options at the link below. We've also included a helpful resource for making sure your Apple ID information is secure.

Get Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best regards.

How do I find whether spyware is on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.