Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode stuck updating

Xcode is stuck updating. I don't see it in the activity monitor to be able to end the process. How can I resolve this. Its been this way for a week I think. I also believe it occurred when the latest Mac Update got installed.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:38 PM

I had to open the applications folder from the finder. Then, drag Xcode to the trash. Then I shutdown and powered it back on. At this point it was no longer updating. Attempting to launch the application it said it was in the trash and couldn't be run. Instead of moving it back out of the trash I decided to right click on it and select delete. From this point I was able to reinstall Xcode with no issues.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 5:38 PM in response to 6x6

I had to open the applications folder from the finder. Then, drag Xcode to the trash. Then I shutdown and powered it back on. At this point it was no longer updating. Attempting to launch the application it said it was in the trash and couldn't be run. Instead of moving it back out of the trash I decided to right click on it and select delete. From this point I was able to reinstall Xcode with no issues.

Xcode stuck updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.