Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 3rd generation Apple TV and some of my apps have disappeared?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:43 AM

• On the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), users may hide apps. This might happen accidentally in moments of inattention. To hide: Highlight the app and hold down Select until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Hide. To bring back/​show again: Go to Settings﹥Main Menu﹥.
  • On the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), content providers may choose to stop supporting one or both of these models. Then Apple can remove ‘apps’ server side, to avoid permanently non-working apps. If a content providers have chosen to stop supporting one of your favorite services for this model, then your option is to upgrade to a newer model hardware.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Waterbatman2001

• On the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), users may hide apps. This might happen accidentally in moments of inattention. To hide: Highlight the app and hold down Select until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Hide. To bring back/​show again: Go to Settings﹥Main Menu﹥.
  • On the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), content providers may choose to stop supporting one or both of these models. Then Apple can remove ‘apps’ server side, to avoid permanently non-working apps. If a content providers have chosen to stop supporting one of your favorite services for this model, then your option is to upgrade to a newer model hardware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.