Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 connected to cellular and wifi at same time?

My new 13 seems to be connected to wifi and cellular at the same time as both icons show in the upper right corner of the phone. On previous iPhone, once i connected to wifi the cellular connection dropped off and I wouldn't see that icon. result? when at home i have a weak cellular connection (1-2 bars) but full wifi connection, but it seems the phone is trying to use cellular over wifi which causes lag times when downloading date such as on IG.

Any ideas on how to correct issue?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:18 AM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Doc65

Hello Doc65, 

It sounds like you have some questions about the symbols in the status bar of your iPhone. 

When you’re connected to cellular data, you’ll see an indicator like 3G/4G/5G/LTE. When you’re connected to Wi-Fi, the cellular data indicator will be replaced with the Wi-Fi symbol. You will continue to see signal bars regardless of which data service you’re connected to that indicates the cellular signal you have for making/receiving phone calls. Status icons and symbols on your iPhone

Are you seeing both the Wi-Fi symbol and the 3G/4G/5G/LTE symbol at the same time? 

Thank you. 

iPhone 13 connected to cellular and wifi at same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.