Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get just the playlists I want on my phone...

I had some free time with Apple Music that I've discontinued. I've unchecked 'sync library' and am trying to return to my old way of getting music on my phone, namely syncing from my MacBook Air. I check the playlists that I want and they appear. Unfortunately, my ENTIRE music library still seems to be on my phone and I'm outta space. Any suggestions as to how I can get back to just having the playlists/songs that I select?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:14 PM

When you unsubscribed from Apple Music and unchecked the 'Sync Library' option, did you also check the 'Songs list checkboxes' options to select only the songs you want to sync? See the 'On your Mac' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

And then when you sync with Finder (assuming you have Catalina or later) make sure the 'Selected artist, albums, genres, and playlists' option is selected before you sync. See the 'Sync or remove content using the Finder' section in:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 2:14 PM in response to lauriefromcolorado springs

When you unsubscribed from Apple Music and unchecked the 'Sync Library' option, did you also check the 'Songs list checkboxes' options to select only the songs you want to sync? See the 'On your Mac' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

And then when you sync with Finder (assuming you have Catalina or later) make sure the 'Selected artist, albums, genres, and playlists' option is selected before you sync. See the 'Sync or remove content using the Finder' section in:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

How to get just the playlists I want on my phone...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.