Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot send message: MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message." How do I do this on my iPhone SE (bought Sept. 2020) with IOS 14.7.1

"Cannot send message: MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message." is the message I see on my phone when I try to send a picture via Text message. How do I "enable" MMS messaging on my iPhone SE (received as a gift Sept. 2020). The IOS version on the phone now is:14.7.1

Also, I cannot received photos in text any more either.

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:13 PM

PatrickPeterson wrote:

My carrier is Google Fi

I think this explains the issue.

I believe Google Fi is not a cellular carrier. Note they’re not listed here.

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

Note the following from the Google Fi website.

7 replies

Sep 26, 2021 4:13 PM in response to sberman

Thanks again for your follow-up.

Your screenshot looks like some of the videos and other websites that I checked before coming here, so it seems that something is funky with my phone or my cell carrier. I have checked the "Send as SMS" to be "ON" but that did not help.

My carrier is Google Fi, which is obviously biased toward Android, and I read about some issues before I signed up.

But since my wife is Android centric, and my previous plan sucked, I went with hers.

Thanks again. I will contact them.

"Cannot send message: MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message." How do I do this on my iPhone SE (bought Sept. 2020) with IOS 14.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.