Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I tether iPhone 13 pro to iPad air to get 5g connection on the iPad air?

Can I tether iPhone 13 pro to iPad air 4th gen to get 5g connection on the iPad air?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Hi there! For you to do this, you would need to set up your phone as a wireless hotspot. This will allow you to have your phone as an access point for any Wi-Fi capable devices to connect to the internet. If you phone supports 5G and is in range of a 5G network, that's what it will use for hotspot connections. Otherwise it will drop down to a 4G or 3G network as needed.

As a heads up, hotspots will use mobile data and can reduce your battery life on your phone. It is recommended to plug in your phone when you use this feature.

How do I use my iPhone as a Mobile Hotspot?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 4:10 PM in response to brendanfromsydney

Hi there! For you to do this, you would need to set up your phone as a wireless hotspot. This will allow you to have your phone as an access point for any Wi-Fi capable devices to connect to the internet. If you phone supports 5G and is in range of a 5G network, that's what it will use for hotspot connections. Otherwise it will drop down to a 4G or 3G network as needed.

As a heads up, hotspots will use mobile data and can reduce your battery life on your phone. It is recommended to plug in your phone when you use this feature.

How do I use my iPhone as a Mobile Hotspot?

Can I tether iPhone 13 pro to iPad air to get 5g connection on the iPad air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.