Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App

There used to be a way you could easily get a text list of total steps per day. After 13 or 14 it became harder to find and now I’ve updated to 15 and can’t find at all. I did find a similar list under health devices but it shows all the minutes individually during a day and I’m not a CPA. Can someone show me how to find the old list or let me know it’s no longer there? I don’t do well with bar charts, graphs, or Apple’s opinion of my step progress. I just want total steps per day in a simple list like before. Thank you.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:40 AM

os24me wrote:

The list in question was my go to for step activity for many years up until I upgraded to iOS 15 as explained in my original post. I looked at the list until last week.

I have iOS 15. I checked the list before posting my answer. It's still there on my phone.

1. Open the Health app.
  2. Tap the "Browse" icon
  3. Type "Steps" into the search bar.
  4. Tap on "Steps"
  5. Swipe all the way to the bottom of the screen.
  6. Tap on "Show all data".
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 8:40 AM in response to os24me

os24me wrote:

The list in question was my go to for step activity for many years up until I upgraded to iOS 15 as explained in my original post. I looked at the list until last week.

I have iOS 15. I checked the list before posting my answer. It's still there on my phone.

1. Open the Health app.
  2. Tap the "Browse" icon
  3. Type "Steps" into the search bar.
  4. Tap on "Steps"
  5. Swipe all the way to the bottom of the screen.
  6. Tap on "Show all data".

Sep 27, 2021 2:36 PM in response to os24me

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities os24me,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you're having an issue reading the Health app for steps.   We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, do you have all the categories as "favorites". If so, by turning them off, it brings Steps closer to the top. (Summary > tap on a "category" > Swipe to bottom of screen > Favorite). When the star is filled in, it's a Favorite.

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch ~ Prioritize data sources

If you need further assistance after following the link above, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Sep 28, 2021 8:14 AM in response to os24me

Apple has never shown much interest in tracking steps. They have chosen to highlight other measures of fitness (overall activity, exercise, standing). I really agree with the suggestion that you look at third-party apps. I have used StepsApp but it doesn't seem to give a list. It also relies on graphs.

ETA: If you open the Steps section in the Health app and go all the way to the bottom and tap "Show All Data", you will get a list.

Sep 28, 2021 8:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I appreciate everyone’s time and efforts. The list in question was my go to for step activity for many years up until I upgraded to iOS 15 as explained in my original post. I looked at the list until last week. I have also said I’m not interested in what Apple thinks, projects, or charts related to my step activity, third party apps, or the future of activity in general. I just want my list or to know what happened to it.

Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.