Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having issues with shows not loading with my apple tv app when watching on the tv. No issues with it on other devices like laptop or phone. No issues with other streaming services while watching on the tv. What could it be?

Having issues with shows not loading with my apple tv app when watching on the tv (it did not happen before). No issues with app on other devices like laptop or phone. No issues with other streaming services while watching on the tv. What could it be? BTW I had to pick a device in order to move ahead. This is not about Mac OS X Server or whatever that is. It is my TV on which I stream Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO and Apple TV App. The latter is the one I am having issues. Please help. TIA

Mac OS X Server

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:50 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Sep 27, 2021 2:49 PM in response to notcomputersavvy71

Hello Notcomputersavvy71,

It sounds like your Apple TV app isn't working as expected. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

Let's try all of the steps outlined here: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Which TV are you using with Apple TV? Are you able to remove and reinstall the app? Also, is your TV's software currently up to date?

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2021 3:08 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff. I saw the steps in the hyper-link you sent. In the settings for my Fire Stick, it is set up for Apps to update automatically. The rest does not seem to apply to me. I will try to remove and reinstall the app. First I have to read up on how to do that.

The TV is a 2016 Vizio model M70-C3. Not sure how I would update my TV's software. But, like I said in my original message/question, I can watch other streaming services without issue. And, I can watch Apple TV app on my MacBook Air no problem. Just not on the TV which is a bummer.

Thanks for your time and consideration. If you have any other advise, I welcome it.

Sincerely,

Giselle

Sep 28, 2021 11:16 AM in response to karina184

Have the same issue. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with support and they failed to to mention that Apple just pushed out its TVOS 15.0 update on September 20th. Hundred bucks it's the update that has caused the problem. I had no issues prior to the update and now both TVs can't stream video from the app (one Samsung and one Vizio). Works on my iphone though.

Sep 28, 2021 4:36 PM in response to notcomputersavvy71

I’m having the exact same issue. I’m subscribed to Amazon Prime and began watching The Expanse on the Apple TV app on my iPad Air 4th gen.

i attempted to continue where I left off this evening on my LG OLED C9 on the Apple TV SmartTV app, ver. 05.10.25 and not only does it not show up as “play next” but only gives me an option to pay for the show.

Whats the deal here?

having issues with shows not loading with my apple tv app when watching on the tv. No issues with it on other devices like laptop or phone. No issues with other streaming services while watching on the tv. What could it be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.