Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod very limited not recommended

I’ve tried all the suggestions to get HomePod to play my play lists but it doesn’t work. It says it can’t find the playlist in my ‘Apple Music’. Sometimes it will play a radio station that sounds similar to the play list I have requested. I can only use HomePod to play radio stations. I find this very disappointing. This problem has been round for a while and Apple needs to pull their finger out and fix it. I would like to buy another HomePod but will not bother until Apple has fixed the problem and Home Pod does what it is advertised to do.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:07 AM

Siri on HomePod is able to access your iTunes purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match (*). Playlists are only available with iCloud Music Library. The alternative if you don't want to pay for a subscription is to AirPlay content from a computer or device.

tt2

(*) May not work if recognize my voice is enabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 10:07 AM in response to Chill8

Siri on HomePod is able to access your iTunes purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match (*). Playlists are only available with iCloud Music Library. The alternative if you don't want to pay for a subscription is to AirPlay content from a computer or device.

tt2

(*) May not work if recognize my voice is enabled.

HomePod very limited not recommended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.