Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t i get the “download and install” option for the ios15 on my iphone 7 even this is showing that update is available on my phone

I can’t access the download and install option for the ios 15 update on my iphone 7. It says that i need a wifi connection, I tried installing it with a wifi connection but problem remains the same.

any suggestions please?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:22 PM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2021 5:21 PM in response to aniketgupta

Hi aniketgupta,

We understand you're having trouble downloading an update on an iPhone. We're happy to help.

Based on the image you attached with your post, it looks like the Download and Install option is grayed out because the device is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. The device is just connected to the cellular data network as indicated by the "4G" icon showing next to the carrier name instead of the Wi-Fi icon. In order to download an update, the iPhone would need to be connected to, and remain connected to a Wi-Fi network until the download and installation completes.

If you're having issues with connecting the iPhone to a Wi-Fi network, you can try these troubleshooting steps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If you're able to get connected to a Wi-Fi network, but the Download and Install button remains grayed out, you can try these steps: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Why can’t i get the “download and install” option for the ios15 on my iphone 7 even this is showing that update is available on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.