Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad muffled mic except in camera.

so i got this iPad Air 4 around January 30 and since like june-ish the mic hasnt been working. it works perfectly on camera to record but on everything else it sounds muffled. what do i do?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:10 PM

riccy273 Said:

"iPad muffled mic except in camera.: so i got this iPad Air 4 around January 30 and since like june-ish the mic hasnt been working. it works perfectly on camera to record but on everything else it sounds muffled. what do i do?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen replaced free-of-charge. Being faulty, it likely would be nothing on you. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

• Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with yo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 9:10 PM in response to riccy273

riccy273 Said:

"iPad muffled mic except in camera.: so i got this iPad Air 4 around January 30 and since like june-ish the mic hasnt been working. it works perfectly on camera to record but on everything else it sounds muffled. what do i do?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen replaced free-of-charge. Being faulty, it likely would be nothing on you. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

• Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with yo

iPad muffled mic except in camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.