Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max display issue

Hello guys, anyone facing pinkish purple tint on the display of iphone 13 pro max on gray colors in night mode around 5-15% brightness?? The first picture is of iphone 13 pro max and 2nd is of iphone 12, thanks!

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:32 AM

Stessa cosa il mio 13 Pro Max anche ad altri miei amici stessa cosa... che schifezza ho chiesto la sostituzione sperando che il nuovo non abbia questa cosa..

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

17 replies

Dec 12, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Catastron

here a 4 more iPhones that i got since , ( pic taken with an iPhone X ) it's a gray background and of course auto brightness is off, night shift and true tone off )

I've had 9 Iphone 13 pro max since it's launch , and ALL of them exhibit this issue , i've returned them all and ordered new ones.

Crazy that we got the same issue but it was a Green tint on the 12 Line up and now this....

Apple should say something, color Filters are great but we loose a ton of brightness .. i guess a software fix should be possible despite the fact that it is a hardware issue...

Feb 23, 2022 4:35 AM in response to maninderpreet17

Seem that my problem on the iPhone 13 Pro is not serious as yours

At the lowest brightness and grey color is shown, the brightness is a bit increasing from top to bottom of the screen, this is acceptable,

But the most annoying is a dimmer at the very edge on the left of the notch (red circle), at higher brightness or light on, you can’t see it, but in a dark room, the issue is very noticeable.

(I took these pictures from my iPad mini so it a bit hard to see it, please increase your device’s brightness)

Oct 2, 2021 1:24 PM in response to maninderpreet17

Was this issue fixed for you you in store? I've been noticing very blue hues on whites. Almost like True Tone keeps turning on and off. very hard on the eyes on white screens/pages. If I lock phone then unlock it goes back to regular white, but its almost like the ambient light sensor is being very aggressive, because its goes back to that weird blue tint again.

Nov 20, 2021 10:29 AM in response to 13in

im a photographer and we had a similar issue with iPhone 12 but worse, i've got in front of me 4 iPhone 13 pro max 512 Gb , each have the same issue , when u lower the brightness to less than 10% there is a reddish tint which isn't uniform at all that appears , specially on dark mode , grey or white wallpapers , the weird thing is that sometimes after putting the brightness at 100% , switching apps and lower it down to 0% in a gray uniform background, you can see that the screen will sometimes flicker a bit for a moment and the red part will be more clear , i'm pretty it is hardware cos OLED isn't as uniform as LCD's but have a ton of advantages , but since iPhone 12 we see a ton of reports of ppl noticing an issue with their screen , i've ordered 3 more iPhones hoping that i can get one that is the most uniform , and i hope that Apple could release a fix , i'm sure they could do more in terms of color calibration in our hands than the port color filters option.. it's a shame cos when night comes down , u really notice it most of the time ( specially if u disable auto brightness )

iPhone 13 Pro Max display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.