Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text timestamps on Messages on Macbook Air

I'm using a Macbook Air with BigSur 11.2. I do not see any timestamps on any of my messages. Even hovering over a message with my cursor does not bring up a timestamp. Any tips on how to get this? I really want to see all the timestamps all the time, but I guess Apple is not there yet. :-(

MacBook, macOS 11.0

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 7:34 AM

Hi queenmab99,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to know how to see a time stamp in Messages on your MacBook Air, correct? If so, we'd love to help. We've provided the steps from "View a conversation in Messages on Mac" for you below.

"To view the time a message was was sent, Control-click it in the transcript and choose Show Times. If you have a trackpad or a Magic Mouse, you can also swipe left with two fingers on the message."

Please let us know how it goes. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 7:34 AM in response to queenmab99

Hi queenmab99,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to know how to see a time stamp in Messages on your MacBook Air, correct? If so, we'd love to help. We've provided the steps from "View a conversation in Messages on Mac" for you below.

"To view the time a message was was sent, Control-click it in the transcript and choose Show Times. If you have a trackpad or a Magic Mouse, you can also swipe left with two fingers on the message."

Please let us know how it goes. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Text timestamps on Messages on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.