Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac froze i cant use keyboard and when i pull it down it wont turn off

Please help

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Allenios56.

If we understand your post correctly, your MacBook Air is frozen and unresponsive. We’d like to help.

First, try these resets:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If this issue continues after those resets, let's do some testing to narrow down the issue.

Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes corrects the issue. This article will tell you how: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If everything is working correctly in safe mode, but is not working when you get back to your user account, please check the section titled "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Allenios56

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Allenios56.

If we understand your post correctly, your MacBook Air is frozen and unresponsive. We’d like to help.

First, try these resets:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If this issue continues after those resets, let's do some testing to narrow down the issue.

Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes corrects the issue. This article will tell you how: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If everything is working correctly in safe mode, but is not working when you get back to your user account, please check the section titled "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

my mac froze i cant use keyboard and when i pull it down it wont turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.