Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New tabs are terrible - 9/2021

I have an M1 Mac Mini (which may or may not be relevant) and I'm hating the new Safari through Big Sur. The tabs are hard to differentiate from each other, sites are extremely slow to load, and it's not compatible to secure signatures (i.e., signing mortgage papers on a secured site freezes in Safari). Because it's so random, I'm going to be switching to Chrome (ugh) as my primary browser. Can this be fixed?!?! Like now?

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:52 PM

You can't fix everything, but at least there are a couple of options in the safari preferences menu, under 'tabs'.

You can ensure that the URL bar is back to a separate line, rather than merged with the tabs; and you can stop the title bar from changing color based on web page content: Switching this off means that the active tab indicator stops flipping from dark against light vs light against dark.

Hope this helps a little.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Vegasrenie

You can't fix everything, but at least there are a couple of options in the safari preferences menu, under 'tabs'.

You can ensure that the URL bar is back to a separate line, rather than merged with the tabs; and you can stop the title bar from changing color based on web page content: Switching this off means that the active tab indicator stops flipping from dark against light vs light against dark.

Hope this helps a little.

New tabs are terrible - 9/2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.