Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts names will show on texts or recent calls, but not in contacts

I am having an issue where I go to call someone, but can not find their contact anywhere. I will ask siri to call them, and she does, but the contact names aren't showing up. If I get texted, the name shows, but in contacts it does not. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:35 PM

In Contacts app, tap 'Groups' (if available) in upper-left, then make sure to tap 'Show All Contacts' option at the bottom.

If all groups are enabled, look again for the contact you want to call.

Otherwise, it is possible Siri is pulling numbers from previous text conversations, emails, etc. Try:

• using the phone number try to search your Contacts app to see if any contact cards are coming up. If none show up,
  • in Phone app > Recents, tap on 'i' next to phone number you have called recently, then tap Create New Contact to save the number to your contacts.
  • in Messages app, open message thread, tap the phone number at the top, then tap "Info" button and finally tap 'Create New Contact' to save the number to your contacts.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 1:35 PM in response to hadley227

In Contacts app, tap 'Groups' (if available) in upper-left, then make sure to tap 'Show All Contacts' option at the bottom.

If all groups are enabled, look again for the contact you want to call.

Otherwise, it is possible Siri is pulling numbers from previous text conversations, emails, etc. Try:

• using the phone number try to search your Contacts app to see if any contact cards are coming up. If none show up,
  • in Phone app > Recents, tap on 'i' next to phone number you have called recently, then tap Create New Contact to save the number to your contacts.
  • in Messages app, open message thread, tap the phone number at the top, then tap "Info" button and finally tap 'Create New Contact' to save the number to your contacts.

Contacts names will show on texts or recent calls, but not in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.