Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third-Party App Notification Sounds

I use a 3rd Party app called Tiimo to help me manage, well my life basically, but especially executive functioning, because I’m on the Autism Spectrum. So this app gives me alerts all throughout the day & the sound notifications are very helpful. But the default 3rd Party App notification sound is so very jarring, to the point of undoing some of the benefits of the app. Is there a way to change the notification sound for 3rd Party Apps?

And I don’t mean customize it for each app, just change the sound all 3rd Party Apps use. Most 3rd Party Apps I turn the sound notifications off, because they’re unnecessary & jarring, but this app is the one exception where it’s pretty necessary.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:58 PM

The fact that it's an Apple Tone doesn't mean it's controllable through Apple's settings. As there doesn't appear to any way to change the tone within the app, there's not much you can do. Other than contact the developer.

3 replies

Third-Party App Notification Sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.