Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sinking Funds template for Numbers

I'm looking for a template to use in Numbers for my Savings Account which contains "Sinking Funds". I transfer money each month from checking to savings for this, then I transfer money back to checking as needed. Any ideas on how to best do this? I do have a family budget but want the sinking funds to be separate. Thanks and I hope this makes sense.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:07 PM

Here's a very simple table (one formula) that will keep a running balance of entries in transfers to the fund in column B and from the fund in column D.

The formula shown in the Formula Editor is entered as shown in cell D3, then filled down to the last cell in column D.

A double click on D9 shows the formula as it appears in that row, and the spreading of the highlights demonstrate the expanding ranges in columns B and C.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 6:07 PM in response to 10GrandkidsDani

Here's a very simple table (one formula) that will keep a running balance of entries in transfers to the fund in column B and from the fund in column D.

The formula shown in the Formula Editor is entered as shown in cell D3, then filled down to the last cell in column D.

A double click on D9 shows the formula as it appears in that row, and the spreading of the highlights demonstrate the expanding ranges in columns B and C.

Regards,

Barry

Sinking Funds template for Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.