Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove (uninstall) Nalpeirond (Nalpeiron Daemon) ?

I found out that there is a useless process running on my system (likely from an old soft that I'm no longer using): nalpeirond

Googling and looking at discussions help me find that this is linked to software protection, but not how to uninstall it from my system.

Bests

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.4), Java & Rails

Posted on Aug 4, 2010 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2010 6:40 AM

The uninstall process for the original software should have removed it. But since it apparently did not (or you just trashed the original app without running its uninstaller), look in these two folders:

bootdrive/Library/StartupItems

bootdrive/System/Library/StartupItems

and see if there's anything you can identify as being either from that original software or Naperion. If so, trash that item/folder and restart your system.

Hope this helps.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2010 6:40 AM in response to spaquet

The uninstall process for the original software should have removed it. But since it apparently did not (or you just trashed the original app without running its uninstaller), look in these two folders:

bootdrive/Library/StartupItems

bootdrive/System/Library/StartupItems

and see if there's anything you can identify as being either from that original software or Naperion. If so, trash that item/folder and restart your system.

Hope this helps.

How to remove (uninstall) Nalpeirond (Nalpeiron Daemon) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.