Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we iphone 6 users get a better update?

Here is why I think iphone 6 users should get an update, I think we should get an update so that we can see people in a group facetime,install certain apps, and let us have widgets on our phones so can we atleast get an ios 13 update with all of the things listed here?

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:54 PM

Sadly an iPhone 6 or earlier device is not compatible with iOS 13 or later.

iOS 12.x is as far as it will go. The current latest version is iOS 12.5.5

About the security content of iOS 12.5.5 - Apple Support

If you want to make use of the fantastic features of iOS 15, including widgets as you have suggested, you will need to upgrade your device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 6:54 PM in response to bria135

Sadly an iPhone 6 or earlier device is not compatible with iOS 13 or later.

iOS 12.x is as far as it will go. The current latest version is iOS 12.5.5

About the security content of iOS 12.5.5 - Apple Support

If you want to make use of the fantastic features of iOS 15, including widgets as you have suggested, you will need to upgrade your device.

Sep 27, 2021 7:24 PM in response to bria135

bria135 wrote:

I understand that, I was just stating a question asking if iphone 6 users could get ios 13 like a new update or something.

Simply and completely NOT possible. iOS 13, 14 and 15 requires a device with at least 2GB of Ram. iPhone 6 has only 1GB of Ram. The hardware on an iPhone 6 is simply not capable of running anything higher than iOS 12.x.x.

As stated above, if you want the advantages of the new iOS versions, you MUST realize that a nearly 8 year old device won't work and you'll need to upgrade to a newer, more modern iPhone.

Can we iphone 6 users get a better update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.