Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to permanatly delete icloud photos

I shared my apple ID with my daughter so I could monitor texts for abuse, sexting and other things.(Protective father). My daughter took pictures on her iphone and they were saved to the cloud. I got a new iphone and wanted to upload my contacts to the cloud so they could be backed up and loaded to the new phone. Well, there wasn't enough room, so I logged into icloud and the next day, they were downloaded to my company iphone. Some of the pics she took could get me fired from my job if the I.T. Dept. were to look at my phone. I need to delete the pics now.

I don't want them to keep downloading to my phone, even after I delete them. I deleted them the first time, but now it says thsat they are going to be permanantly deleted in 30 days. I want them gone now... Is there a way to delete them so that they are all gone now? I don't want to wait 30 days.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:59 PM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2021 7:03 PM in response to adams snapple

After deleting a photo from your iPhone, you will be able to go into Recently Deleted.

Please follow

Camera Roll > Albums > Scroll To Recently Deleted > Find the image > You can then press Delete here and Delete again to permanently delete the image(s).

By deleting the phone from your device, the photo will also be deleted from your iCloud Photo Library.

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 28, 2021 3:13 PM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted the pictures from my iphone, then went to permanently deleted photos and deleted them again.They are off my phone.

What I was referring to was the fact that the photos (when I log into iCloud), are still in the cloud. I can see them. This is how I know there are 1975 photos. It says there are 26 days to recover these pictures. I don't want to wait 26 days to have them be permanently deleted from the cloud. I woould like to delete them permanently now... Not 26 days from now.

I did try to select 250 pics (on the cloud) and ctrl/delete, and select delete again to permanently delete them and left it run over night. 17 hours later, the pics haven't deleted and are still on my icloud account. I just don't want these pics to download to my company iphone again. H.R. is already involved as a precursor to head off any firing event. They said it was good to try and get ahead of the situation. I would just want to get rid of them ASAP, but I think it's not possible and I'm going to have to wait another 26 days for the perm delete.

How to permanatly delete icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.