Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer add songs to my Music library.

I used to be able to drag mp3s from the Finder into the Music window and they'd be copied into my songs library. Now, I think since updating to macOS 11.6, that doesn't work. When I drag a file, a green plus-sign hovers near my cursor, but a red outline surrounds my song list, and when I release the mouse button, nothing happens. Also, when I click on an mp3 in the Finder and select "Open with Music," Music comes to the front but otherwise nothing happens.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:58 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 28, 2021 7:04 PM in response to mhutson

Hi mhutson,

We understand you'd like to import songs in the Music application. We're happy to offer some guidance!

If you have song files stored on your computer and you'd like to import them, open the Music application then up in the menu bar select File > Add to Library or File > Import. Then just choose the file or folder you'd like to add to Music and select Open.

Import music from a computer to Music on Mac

We hope this helps. Cheers!

I can no longer add songs to my Music library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.