Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop Voice Control always capitalising the first letter of a word after a comma or in brackets)

How can I stop Voice Control always capitalising the first letter of a word after a comma, or the first letter of a word in brackets?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:26 PM

Whenever you start an utterance with "comma", "semicolon", and other punctuation like "open square bracket" the next word is capitalized. The good news is that macOS 12 (Monterey) contains a fix for when starting the utterance with "comma" or "semicolon". As a workaround, which isn't always easy, try including the punctuation with prior utterance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 9:26 PM in response to Motorpix

Whenever you start an utterance with "comma", "semicolon", and other punctuation like "open square bracket" the next word is capitalized. The good news is that macOS 12 (Monterey) contains a fix for when starting the utterance with "comma" or "semicolon". As a workaround, which isn't always easy, try including the punctuation with prior utterance.

Sep 30, 2021 1:58 AM in response to JustSomeMacDude

Yes this is something that I have noticed but only recently, so thanks for confirming that workaround. Glad that Apple has introduced a fix on the next version though, its a real pain when you have hours of interviews to transcribe. Is there a way in Finder that I can change those silly little coloured dots (tags) for the super obvious coloured bars that Apple used to have. Those tags are useless in highlighting a folder that you need, the coloured bars were much more noticeable. I still have to hunt for folders alphabetically because looking for coloured dots and also looking alphabetically just takes that much longer, and over a whole day of working like this, it makes a difference. Thanks!!

How can I stop Voice Control always capitalising the first letter of a word after a comma or in brackets)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.