Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no delete app option for my iphjne 12 pro max. Why? I need to delete some obsolete apps and can only remove from home screen, not from my actual app stash.

How do i delete apps permanently from my iohjne 12 pro max. Using the hold finger on app and pressing the minus button in upper left corner of app does not bring up a delete option, only a remove app from home screen. Same tbing happens in my apps stored on my iphone apps in settings. Help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 7:19 AM

Yes. It is possible that your iPhone is configured to prevent you from deleting apps. Please go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps and check the setting. If this setting is configured to "Don't Allow" you will not be able to delete downloaded apps on your iPhone.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 7:19 AM in response to nicolaapplesupport

Yes. It is possible that your iPhone is configured to prevent you from deleting apps. Please go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps and check the setting. If this setting is configured to "Don't Allow" you will not be able to delete downloaded apps on your iPhone.

Sep 28, 2021 6:19 AM in response to nicolaapplesupport

If you are unable to delete apps from your iPhone's home screen, you can also attempt to do so by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. You can then scroll down and delete any apps that you no longer use that are taking up a lot of storage space. To delete an app from here, simply click its name and then select "Delete App." Are you able to delete your unwanted apps this way?

There is no delete app option for my iphjne 12 pro max. Why? I need to delete some obsolete apps and can only remove from home screen, not from my actual app stash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.