You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot update my iPhone 6s Plus to version 13.0

Settings show that my phone is up to date with version 12.5 but will NOT update to 13.0

What can I do to access version 13?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Hello. This depends on what iPhone you have. Do you have an iPhone 6 Plus? Or an iPhone 6s Plus? Your question subject says "iPhone 6S" while your question category says "iPhone 6 Plus." The iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus are two different phone models and which one you have will make a difference in the latest version of iOS you can run.

If you have an iPhone 6s Plus, you will be able to upgrade it to iOS 15, which is the latest version of iOS. iOS 13 is no longer available and you cannot upgrade to this version. You will need to skip iOS 13 and go to iOS 15.

If you have an iPhone 6 Plus, however, you cannot upgrade beyond iOS 12.5.5.

If you are unsure of what iPhone you have, you can use the guide here to help identify it.

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2021 11:27 AM in response to pierrefrombradenton

Hello. This depends on what iPhone you have. Do you have an iPhone 6 Plus? Or an iPhone 6s Plus? Your question subject says "iPhone 6S" while your question category says "iPhone 6 Plus." The iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus are two different phone models and which one you have will make a difference in the latest version of iOS you can run.

If you have an iPhone 6s Plus, you will be able to upgrade it to iOS 15, which is the latest version of iOS. iOS 13 is no longer available and you cannot upgrade to this version. You will need to skip iOS 13 and go to iOS 15.

If you have an iPhone 6 Plus, however, you cannot upgrade beyond iOS 12.5.5.

If you are unsure of what iPhone you have, you can use the guide here to help identify it.

Thanks!

cannot update my iPhone 6s Plus to version 13.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.