Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max battery health went down to 99% after iOS 15 update

I purchase iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 in feb 2021battery health still 100%.

but I update iOS 15 last week battery health decrease 100 to 99%

so some users says battery health decrease issue is iOS 15 update .

so please I need a previous iOS 14.6 restore a battery health from 99 100%

kindly help us

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:28 PM

Apple does not support downgrading iOS or iPadOS unless it is a beta version of software.

Click on the link to read 'About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later' --> https://support.apple.com/HT210557

A 1% decrease in battery health from 100% to 99% in 6 months is perfectly acceptable.

2 replies

Sep 28, 2021 6:11 PM in response to Muhammadze

You've lost a whole 1% since February and you're concerned? Batteries are consumable parts. There is NO WAY to keep any battery on earth at 100% Battery Health forever. In fact, every time you charge your phone, your battery health will decline little by little. And a 1 - 2% per month decline in Battery Health is normal and expected.

The fact you've ONLY lost 1% since February, indicates you are doing beyond great with your phone. But your Battery Health is going to continue to decline and there is NO WAY to stop it.

So, stop worrying about it. When Battery health dips to 80% or less (you are a loooong way from that) it will then be time to pay Apple to replace the battery in your phone.

And no, the update to iOS didn't make your Battery Health decline. It's actually remarkable it hasn't declined more.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max battery health went down to 99% after iOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.