Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my IPAD without a sim card?

Can I use my IPAD without a sim card? I would like to play videos I have purchased.

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:11 PM

Signing out of his Apple ID will not entirely remove him from the iPad. All apps downloaded with his Apple ID will remain tied ot it and require it update always.

If you want to completely remove your son from the iPad and use it for yourself, follow the steps here and set it up again from scratch: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And, no, it won’t affect his iPhone at all.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 5:11 PM in response to johannadaudsyah

Signing out of his Apple ID will not entirely remove him from the iPad. All apps downloaded with his Apple ID will remain tied ot it and require it update always.

If you want to completely remove your son from the iPad and use it for yourself, follow the steps here and set it up again from scratch: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And, no, it won’t affect his iPhone at all.

Can I use my IPAD without a sim card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.