Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15 iphone Xs Airprint

I have 3 iphone Xs and one ipad 5th generation. It appears after updating all four to iOS 15 I can no longer Airprint to my networked Epson printer. I can print via wifi to that printer from multiple laptops OK.

Any way to fix Airprint?

( i've restarted printer, router and phone(s) multiple times. I tried resetting the network connections on the iphones as well. Also verified printer and iphones are on the same home wifi network. Printer, modem/router and phones are all in same room and within 3 feet of each other. )

Have always been able to Airprint in the past.

Error is "No AirPrint Printers found".

thanks.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Solved the problem. Open Safari and enter IP address of your wifi printer. ( you can get IP from going to printer, network settings, details. Espon setup will open. Go to AirPrint settings. Change the Top Priority Protocol from 'IPP' to "Port9100'.

click on OK. click on Enable Airprint. close browser. All my iPHones and iPads can now find and Print via AirPrint.

My guess is iOS 15 is changing this default Epson setting to IPP.. Needs to be Port9100.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Solved the problem. Open Safari and enter IP address of your wifi printer. ( you can get IP from going to printer, network settings, details. Espon setup will open. Go to AirPrint settings. Change the Top Priority Protocol from 'IPP' to "Port9100'.

click on OK. click on Enable Airprint. close browser. All my iPHones and iPads can now find and Print via AirPrint.

My guess is iOS 15 is changing this default Epson setting to IPP.. Needs to be Port9100.

Sep 29, 2021 11:01 AM in response to herbb623

Hi there herbb623,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having some difficulties using AirPrint with some of your devices and see you've taken some great troubleshooting steps so far. Since you are still able to print from your laptop but not the multiple devices now running iOS 15, it's possible that your printer is not compatible with the new software or you may need to install some additional drivers in order to use this feature again. We'd suggest reaching out to Epson Support for additional assistance with this.

Epson® Official Support

Best regards.

ios 15 iphone Xs Airprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.