Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Normal for iPhone 13 Pro to arrive from ATT in an open box?

Just wondering why my wife's new 13 Pro would arrive from att in an open box. Both pull tabs on the back are intact and the box itself is undamaged; someone clearly took a razor blade along the top edge of the box, so it can be opened like a clamshell. Phone looks new. I don't believe the outer box, the shipping box, was tampered with. I called att CS and they recommend taking the phone to a retail store; which I'll do, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. Both her and my phone were ordered from the att website on 9/17; mine arrived 9/24 in a properly sealed box and hers arrived today 9/28 in an open box. As I said, I have contacted att; I was just curious if any other Apple users had experienced this issue. Thanks!

iPhone

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:38 PM

8 replies

Sep 29, 2021 9:30 AM in response to MRM1977

At this point I'm inclined to believe this was a failure of the seal. After opening the box a second time to check the phone, the previously intact bottom seal "cracked" in an almost straight line, so it seems the material Apple is using for these seals is prone to this kind of behavior. And, considering that the phone boots up normally to the "hello" screen, and looks untouched, I'll just go ahead and use it. Can't imagine a security issue here as there's nothing on the SIM card to clone..

Oct 5, 2021 3:15 PM in response to MRM1977

I have a similar issue. I ordered my Iphone 13 from T-mobile and it arrived with the pull tabs removed, box open, phone hanging out halfway, and a sticky note with a barely legible number attached to the outside. When I called customer service, the person on the phone didn’t have an answer except the advice to take into a store or call a different number to order a replacement phone. My husbands phone arrived in the same box, properly sealed.

Nov 13, 2021 10:19 AM in response to vickireg

I never went to the ATT store; decided the issue was likely a failed seal rather than an intentionally opened box as explained above. The phone has been great! Couldn't be happier, but if I'd been presented with some of the above situations, such as finding a sticky note with a number written on it in the box, I would've definitely returned it to the store.

Normal for iPhone 13 Pro to arrive from ATT in an open box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.