Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes deleted by mistake on iPhone 6 !

How do I reinstall iTunes on my phone, I can see that the songs are still there in General about section. I tried the reset Home Screen Layout but that did not work. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 2:54 PM

So how do I reinstall the music app as searched on the phone for it and it doesn't show it. not updated the phone since IOS 12, if I update the phone will music app be reinstalled. I generally only use calls text and music on it and rarely connect it to the web only to update it through the desktop app. I didn't update as was told it would brick the phone is updated to the newer IOS.

Being well over 50 yrs the tech side of the iPhone's is not my strong point. Was going to go into the shop but being made to look an idiot for deleting the Music app by mistake was not something I wanted to do. I can find my way round the iMac and MB Pro as well as the Mac Pro I can handle as it what I use for Recording Music/ Video on safer ground there.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 2:54 PM in response to deggie

So how do I reinstall the music app as searched on the phone for it and it doesn't show it. not updated the phone since IOS 12, if I update the phone will music app be reinstalled. I generally only use calls text and music on it and rarely connect it to the web only to update it through the desktop app. I didn't update as was told it would brick the phone is updated to the newer IOS.

Being well over 50 yrs the tech side of the iPhone's is not my strong point. Was going to go into the shop but being made to look an idiot for deleting the Music app by mistake was not something I wanted to do. I can find my way round the iMac and MB Pro as well as the Mac Pro I can handle as it what I use for Recording Music/ Video on safer ground there.

Sep 28, 2021 3:12 PM in response to deggie

It does not show up , I got a new iPhone SE a few days ago and planned to transfer via bluetooth all the setting etc from the iPhone 6. I assume that will rectify my error of deleting the Music app. as the backup on iTunes were on an old MBP that died months ago. Stuck in UK till I can return home when things calm down. I am a few years younger than you ;-) English is not my first language or second so not sure if I make sense in it.

iTunes deleted by mistake on iPhone 6 !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.