Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 screen cracked

Hello,

I have an iPhone 12 and I don’t have insurance if I take it to an apple store and pay for a screen repair will apple let me start apple insurance after the repair

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:05 PM

Hello JaboLewis1,

Some information about Apple Care+ plans can be found in this Apple Support article.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone/

I do not believe you would have the option to purchase a plan unless you bought the iPhone within the past 60 days. Apple does offer an “after service guarantee” but that would not cover accidental damage. If you are worried this may happen again I would invest in a protective case and screen protector for the iPhone.

“How to buy

1. Purchase either AppleCare+ product with your new iPhone.
  2. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:
    • On your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available)
    • Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
    • At an Apple Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required)
    • By calling 800-275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

For information on how to renew an existing plan, click here.”

”Our guarantee after service

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare+ coverage, whichever is longer. We offer this whenever you get service from us or from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. This is in addition to rights provided by consumer law.

Read the Apple Repair Terms and Conditions

Read the Apple privacy policy

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 8:05 PM in response to JaboLewis1

Hello JaboLewis1,

Some information about Apple Care+ plans can be found in this Apple Support article.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone/

I do not believe you would have the option to purchase a plan unless you bought the iPhone within the past 60 days. Apple does offer an “after service guarantee” but that would not cover accidental damage. If you are worried this may happen again I would invest in a protective case and screen protector for the iPhone.

“How to buy

1. Purchase either AppleCare+ product with your new iPhone.
  2. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:
    • On your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available)
    • Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
    • At an Apple Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required)
    • By calling 800-275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

For information on how to renew an existing plan, click here.”

”Our guarantee after service

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare+ coverage, whichever is longer. We offer this whenever you get service from us or from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. This is in addition to rights provided by consumer law.

Read the Apple Repair Terms and Conditions

Read the Apple privacy policy

I hope this helps.

iPhone 12 screen cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.