You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need information for buy an Iphone

Hello,

i want to confirm if i buy an IPhone 13 pro max and i select the option “ connect to your own later” in the area of carriers, I can use it in any country. ( specific if i live in panama)

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:07 PM

Acrr28 Said:

"Need information for buy an Iphone: Hello, i want to confirm if i buy an IPhone 13 pro max and i select the option ' connect to your own later; in the area of carriers, I can use it in any country. ( specific if i live in panama)"

-------

No. Cellular service is not an option in all locations/regions. And, if you were to move to a different one, then you must zero-out your balance(via calling Apple Support, or by purchasing something that costs more than what is in your current country), prior to set the iPhone for use there. Go here to see your Carrier Pptions: Wireless Carrier Support and Features for iPhone in Latin America and the Caribbean - Apple Support

Screenshot:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2021 9:07 PM in response to Acrr28

Acrr28 Said:

"Need information for buy an Iphone: Hello, i want to confirm if i buy an IPhone 13 pro max and i select the option ' connect to your own later; in the area of carriers, I can use it in any country. ( specific if i live in panama)"

-------

No. Cellular service is not an option in all locations/regions. And, if you were to move to a different one, then you must zero-out your balance(via calling Apple Support, or by purchasing something that costs more than what is in your current country), prior to set the iPhone for use there. Go here to see your Carrier Pptions: Wireless Carrier Support and Features for iPhone in Latin America and the Caribbean - Apple Support

Screenshot:

Sep 28, 2021 9:01 PM in response to Acrr28

Are you buying the iPhone from the Apple Website designed for sales in Panama and deliver to Panama or are your buying it from Apple's US Website to deliver the iPhone in the US and then you will take it to Panama?

Either option will work because the iPhone "Connect to your own later" will work in both countries. The US model has all the bands that are used in Panama.

I recommend that you purchase the iPhone from Panama so that Apple's warranty can remain effective while you are in Panama. If you buy it the US then the warranty will not apply to the iPhone if it is in Panama. You will have to bring the iPhone to the US for service under warranty.

Axel F.

Need information for buy an Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.