Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch software update

Hello! I cant update my apple watch. I downloaded the software but it says “unable to install…an error occurred instalation….” . It it fully charged and connected to wifi

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 1:48 PM

Perhaps this article will help:

If you see "Unable to install update" when trying to update Apple Watch Series 1 or Series 2 - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. In some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, see fireyjack's reply to:

Can't update her series 3 watch. - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 1:48 PM in response to mairizan

Perhaps this article will help:

If you see "Unable to install update" when trying to update Apple Watch Series 1 or Series 2 - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. In some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, see fireyjack's reply to:

Can't update her series 3 watch. - Apple Community

Apple watch software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.