Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I update my iphone X to IOS 14.8,there always remind that "software update failed ,there was an error when download the iOS 14.8

When I update my iphone X to IOS 14.8,there always remind that "software update failed ,there was an error when download the iOS 14.8.How can I update to IOS 14.8?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:21 AM

To update all of these requirements must be met:

• You must have sufficient free storage; probably at least 4 GB (5 for iOS 15)
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 12:21 AM in response to LuLuShen123

To update all of these requirements must be met:

• You must have sufficient free storage; probably at least 4 GB (5 for iOS 15)
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

When I update my iphone X to IOS 14.8,there always remind that "software update failed ,there was an error when download the iOS 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.