Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my safari keeps crashing on my macbook pro with big sur

my safari keeps crashing on my macbook pro with big sur. how do i fix it?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:55 AM

Hello pastorbarbie,

This Apple Support article has the general steps for when you have an app experiencing issues.

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

This article may be able to help you find the cause without needing to delete the app and its data.

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

If you would like to provide more information we may be able to help you pinpoint the exact cause. Information about steps required to cause the app to crash or settings you use in Safari would be a great starting point.

I hope this is helpful.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 12:55 AM in response to pastorbarbie

Hello pastorbarbie,

This Apple Support article has the general steps for when you have an app experiencing issues.

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

This article may be able to help you find the cause without needing to delete the app and its data.

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

If you would like to provide more information we may be able to help you pinpoint the exact cause. Information about steps required to cause the app to crash or settings you use in Safari would be a great starting point.

I hope this is helpful.

Oct 20, 2021 4:55 PM in response to pastorbarbie

Unfortunately, I have also faced this issue many times.

I had contacted Apple support for this issue many times as well.

So far, there are two solutions that work for Big Sur:

1. Using another browser until the newest Safari version comes out in the future.
  2. Reinstalling Big Sur to get the older version Safari 14 to use. Do not update the Safari v15 after reinstalling Big Sur coz issue comes back again.

For Catalina user, they can redownload it and reinstall Safari 15, but I asked Apple support, they don't have this for Big Sur tho.

Hope this helps.

my safari keeps crashing on my macbook pro with big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.