Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share with my family and have them pay for their own purchases?

I don't mind the family sharing aspect but hoe do I have my teens pay for their own purchases?

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 2:43 PM

Send them down to the corner store to purchase Apple gift cards, and each should redeem the cards in their own account.

As long as they keep a sufficient balance, their purchases will be charged to their Apple ID credit, and will not hit the Organizer's credit card.

For reference: If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases are charged to your personal Apple ID balance. If you don't have enough Apple ID balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer's primary payment method.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 2:43 PM in response to the_rooff

Send them down to the corner store to purchase Apple gift cards, and each should redeem the cards in their own account.

As long as they keep a sufficient balance, their purchases will be charged to their Apple ID credit, and will not hit the Organizer's credit card.

For reference: If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases are charged to your personal Apple ID balance. If you don't have enough Apple ID balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer's primary payment method.

How do I share with my family and have them pay for their own purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.