Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add a vpn configuration iOS 15

Hi all. When adding a new vpn config on my iPhone running iOS 15 and hit done nothing happens and the new config is not saved. Does this happen to anybody else?

thx

Alex

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 2:37 PM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2021 6:20 AM in response to mingoslkd

The point is that I tried to delete and re-download the app, I restore my backup setting the iPhone as new, I asked the developer who said, after some investigation, that must be a problema on Apple side. I then realised that. trying to configure a VPN manual when hitting save it does not save anything at all. It used to work, so there is something that I bring. with me in the backup that is interfering with a VPN creation, no matter how it is created.

Sep 30, 2021 11:26 AM in response to alex178ita

Hello alex178ita,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. 

We're happy to see how we can help out today. Have you tried to Restart your iPhone

Have you used this VPN connection before without any problems?

Once you have completed configuring the VPN, do you see any message pop up, or does it close out the window?

Is this a work iPhone? If so, have you contacted your IT person (or whomever is over setting up the iPhones for you company)?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Oct 1, 2021 5:49 AM in response to alex178ita

Hi,

You are very welcome! 

Have you checked to see if there is an update or tried deleting and re-downloading the app? See If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops working, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open for details if needed.

What about reaching out to the app developer letting them know what’s happening when trying to configure the settings? How to contact an app developer

Keep us posted!

Cannot add a vpn configuration iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.