Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios15 reverse update

Can i reverse the ios15 update on my iphone 12 pro? Eversince i updated to ios15 my phone has been plagued with issues, glitches, bugs etc. it even makes 5g experience worse.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:16 PM

There is no straightforward way of downgrading from a higher version of iOS. In other words, you cannot downgrade to iOS 14.8 after a successful installation of iOS 15.0. There are workarounds that are listed on the internet if you perform a Google Search. One of them is listed here ➔ How to downgrade from iOS 15 to iOS 14.8. This involves putting your iPhone in DFU mode and then installing a pre-downloaded IPSW (for iOS 14.8) on your iPhone from your computer. Note that once that is done then all your data will be erased on your iPhone. 

If you have a backup of your iPhone created when it was previously on iOS version 14.8 then you can use that to restore from once your iPhone is downgraded. Backups that are created with iOS 15.0 will not be useable to restore from in iOS 14.8. Please make a note of that.

Axel F.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 5:16 PM in response to Mapeesykes19

There is no straightforward way of downgrading from a higher version of iOS. In other words, you cannot downgrade to iOS 14.8 after a successful installation of iOS 15.0. There are workarounds that are listed on the internet if you perform a Google Search. One of them is listed here ➔ How to downgrade from iOS 15 to iOS 14.8. This involves putting your iPhone in DFU mode and then installing a pre-downloaded IPSW (for iOS 14.8) on your iPhone from your computer. Note that once that is done then all your data will be erased on your iPhone. 

If you have a backup of your iPhone created when it was previously on iOS version 14.8 then you can use that to restore from once your iPhone is downgraded. Backups that are created with iOS 15.0 will not be useable to restore from in iOS 14.8. Please make a note of that.

Axel F.

Sep 29, 2021 7:22 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Yeah, I thought about that but then decided against concealing the link because had I done that, then I wouldn't have truthfully commented on OP's post. I understand that I could have opted to completely not answer the post as well. I am sure that I will come across this question again and will make another game time decision at that point.

Axel F.

Sep 30, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Mapeesykes19

After this long discussion, the actual solution is to determine why you are having a problem with iOS 15, rather that go back to a previous version which may or may not fix the problem. Hundreds of millions of users have updated to iOS 15 with no major issues, so if you are having issues it is almost certainly a problem with your specific phone or configuration, not with iOS 15.

Sep 30, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Axel Foley

Axel Foley wrote:

Thanks Mr. Finch The only thing is that it is still a chore. I, personally, would rather reset to Factory settings under the same iOS version and restore from a backup / or just install apps as new. Still a chore. Ha!

That is generally my suggestion. I would add that I always suggest they do it using a computer as it is my understanding that doing it that way installs a new copy of the iOS.

Oct 4, 2021 4:18 PM in response to Maj9678

If there are apps which are not Apple apps, which don't work, reach out to the App Developer for help with their App. Apple doesn't own any 3rd party apps, nor the code inside the app. It's up to the app developer to make their apps work with the current iOS version.

Apple has never made going backwards possible and after all these years, they likely never will.

Ios15 reverse update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.