Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The mic on my right AirPod doesn’t work

The mic on my right AirPod doesn’t work I can still hear perfectly fine but when I’m on a call the other person can’t hear me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:57 PM

Hello Lorena 704,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into an issue with the mic for your AirPods. Have you been able to test and see if the left side is working? If not, take a look at article, Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro. Also, you might want to test using that left AirPod mic to create a voice memo, just to make sure the issue is isolated to the AirPod having a hardware issue.

Lastly, if you haven't reset your AirPods, that's a good step to try.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If the issue persists after performing a reset, then reaching out to Apple Support or having them evaluated by a technician would be your next step.

Get Support

AirPods Service and Repair

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 1:57 PM in response to Lorena 704

Hello Lorena 704,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into an issue with the mic for your AirPods. Have you been able to test and see if the left side is working? If not, take a look at article, Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro. Also, you might want to test using that left AirPod mic to create a voice memo, just to make sure the issue is isolated to the AirPod having a hardware issue.

Lastly, if you haven't reset your AirPods, that's a good step to try.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If the issue persists after performing a reset, then reaching out to Apple Support or having them evaluated by a technician would be your next step.

Get Support

AirPods Service and Repair

Best regards.

The mic on my right AirPod doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.