Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup iPhone to macbook

how do i backup iPhone to macbook

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:28 PM

jdorr49 Said:

"backup iPhone to macbook: how do i backup iPhone to macbook"

-------

Find Out the Direct Answer here: How to Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 4, 2021 6:25 PM in response to jdorr49

jdorr49 Said:

"backup iPhone to MacBook: my iPhone is not being recognized. i tried a new apple cable, but it still not recognized. Not helpful "

-------

If Not Being Recognized, Three Things to Try:

I. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

II. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

III. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

backup iPhone to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.