Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens to the data on my old device after I transfer data to my new device?

what happens to the data on my old device after I transfer data to my new device?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:32 AM

They have been copied & pasted to your new device, if you used one of the methods listed here:--> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, but they are still on your old device too.

If you completed the procedure successfully and you want to cancel your data from the old device, use these steps:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 1:32 AM in response to roni173s

They have been copied & pasted to your new device, if you used one of the methods listed here:--> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, but they are still on your old device too.

If you completed the procedure successfully and you want to cancel your data from the old device, use these steps:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.