Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Reminders

I just updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max to iOS 15, and aside from the minor and needless changes to the lock screen, I am periodically getting a notification from the Wallet App to add a credit card. The red notification bubble does not go away.

I have never and will never use Apple Pay. I don't care how secure it may be, or how convenient it may be I have no desire to use that feature and I am getting tired of seeing the notification pop up 5 times a day. I have looked through the settings and can't find anything about disabling anything to do with the wallet. Is there a way to disable and turn that off or is this another case of Apple telling people what they should really be doing with their phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 6:09 AM

Sadly I think it may be a case of Apple telling people what they should be doing with their phone but try these steps:

1. Went to Settings/Notifications/Wallet, turned on "Allow Notifications", set "Show Previews" to NEVER, then went back and set "Allow Notifications" to OFF.
  2. Went to Settings/Wallet & Apple Pay and set to OFF
  3. Went to Settings/Finish Setting Up iPhone/Set Up Apple Pay/ then chose "Set Up Later in Wallet"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 6:09 AM in response to kaseyjune

Sadly I think it may be a case of Apple telling people what they should be doing with their phone but try these steps:

1. Went to Settings/Notifications/Wallet, turned on "Allow Notifications", set "Show Previews" to NEVER, then went back and set "Allow Notifications" to OFF.
  2. Went to Settings/Wallet & Apple Pay and set to OFF
  3. Went to Settings/Finish Setting Up iPhone/Set Up Apple Pay/ then chose "Set Up Later in Wallet"

Apple Pay Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.