Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recieved Email

Hello-

Just received an email from ICloud and wanted to make sure it was leget. It wanted me to update my billing information as in Credit Card. Just wanted to know if this was something that they do on a regular basis. Plus the Credit Card they show I don't have on me, as in it's not a familiar card that I have on me, which could of already been discarded, but the real question of this email is, does ICloud send out emails for updated credit card information.

Sincerely,

Dan Edmonds

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:01 AM

mario49,

Thank you for the response. I was involved with a scam regarding my ICloud account. I did have it taken care of with Apple support so I feel better about that and what you stated above I will be on the lookout for any more that try to get me to fall for it again. In short they sent me an email stating my cc on my ICloud account was not valid and that I needed to up date it, which I did, but after looking at the email they had sent, I noticed that the time it was sent was on GMT zone time ? and a few words misspelled. That right there tipped me off. So I got right on it to close the account. And then your email came thru to asure me that I did the right thing. Again, thank you for your feedback on this matter, it has helped and has taken a great relief off my mind.

Thank you again, and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Sweetdiesel

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 9:01 AM in response to mario49

mario49,

Thank you for the response. I was involved with a scam regarding my ICloud account. I did have it taken care of with Apple support so I feel better about that and what you stated above I will be on the lookout for any more that try to get me to fall for it again. In short they sent me an email stating my cc on my ICloud account was not valid and that I needed to up date it, which I did, but after looking at the email they had sent, I noticed that the time it was sent was on GMT zone time ? and a few words misspelled. That right there tipped me off. So I got right on it to close the account. And then your email came thru to asure me that I did the right thing. Again, thank you for your feedback on this matter, it has helped and has taken a great relief off my mind.

Thank you again, and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Sweetdiesel

Oct 1, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Sweetdiesel

Hello Sweetdiesel,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are wanting to know if Apple sends out emails alerting you to update your payment information. We would love to provide you support on this. 

Apple does not send out emails asking you to update your payment information. If an update to your personal information was needed you would get a notification on one of your Apple devices and if you don't have an apple device you will get an alert that shows up when you log into any of your apple services.

Additionally you can see the email address it came from if you click the from section at the top of the email.

This resource helps you avoid phishing scams and tells you what to do when you receive one: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Thank you for allowing us to support you.

Have an awesome and productive day!

Recieved Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.