Related Article: Move from Android to iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move to IOS did not transfer my text messages from my android to iphone.

Move to IOS did not transfer my text messages from my android to iphone. I have tried other ways using transfer apps but nothing is working. Can an apple store help me or am I SOL?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:02 PM

Hi sonsipad, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We're happy to help with transferring data from Android to iPhone. We also see that you came to us from the Apple Support article Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your text messages didn't transfer from your Android to iPhone, follow these steps:

• "Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again."
  • "You might find that only some content transferred and your iOS device ran out of space, or your iOS device might appear full even though the transfer didn't finish. If so, erase your iOS device and start the transfer again. Make sure that your Android content doesn't exceed the available space on your iOS device."

For additional information check out the Apple Support resources below.

Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

How to move from Android to iPhone | Apple Support - YouTube

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 1:02 PM in response to sonsipad

Hi sonsipad, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We're happy to help with transferring data from Android to iPhone. We also see that you came to us from the Apple Support article Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your text messages didn't transfer from your Android to iPhone, follow these steps:

• "Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again."
  • "You might find that only some content transferred and your iOS device ran out of space, or your iOS device might appear full even though the transfer didn't finish. If so, erase your iOS device and start the transfer again. Make sure that your Android content doesn't exceed the available space on your iOS device."

For additional information check out the Apple Support resources below.

Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

How to move from Android to iPhone | Apple Support - YouTube

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

Best regards.

Move to IOS did not transfer my text messages from my android to iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.