Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In IOS15, is there only one way to unmute app notifications of 1 hour/day?

In terms of this new feature of IOS15:

Notifications can be muted from any app or messaging thread for the next hour or for the day

If I've turned on the mute for 1 hour or 1 day, how can I revert and unmute?

It seems I can only unmute in these steps like:

1. wait for a new notification of that app
  2. swipe down the screen and find that notification
  3. left swipe the notification and tap "option"
  4. choose "Unmute"

The weirdest thing is that this seems to be the only way to unmute. In iphone settings I cannot find any other places where I can change this mute/unmute 1 hour/day setting. Is that true? If so this is very stupid...

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 10:32 AM

Turn on a focus that allows the muted notification to show up on the Lock Screen. Then swipe left and unmute it then turn off the focus and you should be good. This is the only work around I’ve found.

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 11, 2021 9:49 PM in response to Nirka03

Having the same issue. I accidentally muted notifications from an app from the Lock Screen. The notification thread disappeared from the Notification Center, and now I can’t unmute it. I am not getting any notifications, and it has been 3 days since I “silenced notifications for 1 day”. I have all notifications turned on for the app under the Settings, but it is doing nothing.

Nov 12, 2021 10:36 AM in response to bagainu

I am assuming you are using the newest update (totally didn’t realize this mute thing was something until this morning when I needed it the most to ignore someone that was bugging me. So what I did is this person was on my pins of favorites in messages. I had to go to edit on the top left (once you have messages open) edit then edit pins removed said person from favorite pins. This put him back to the normal area of messages. Then I swiped left and pressed the little alarm with a line going through it. To replace him on my favorite after I unmuted him I went to back to the little yellow pin icon once you swipe left and that allows person to be added to your favorite

Oct 1, 2021 3:11 AM in response to bagainu

I presume you are referring to the Focus feature on iOS 15.

Open Control Center

Tap on Focus

Tap on Personal, Work, Sleep, or any other category that you may have set

Tap on three dots ("...")

Tap on "For 1 Hr" (If already ticked will get Unticked), You can try Tap again (Ticked), Tap again (Unticked), and so on.

Alternatively,

Tap on the category (That is enabled) to Switch off Focus.

In IOS15, is there only one way to unmute app notifications of 1 hour/day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.