Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro reduces volume to almost nothing of other apps during Zoom/Google Meet sessions

I have a 2018 Ipad Pro with IOS 15. Whenever I start a meeting with Google Meet or Zoom the Ipad volume reduces to 10% of what it was originally. The audio for the meeting itself is fine but all other apps are nearly muted. As soon as I end the meeting in these apps the already playing audio returns to 100%. It does the same whether I'm using ipad speakers, usb headphones, or a bluetooth headset. I'm trying to do a foreign language session with a teacher and sharing the screen of youtube app to ask some questions and the volume is just too low for me to hear the video anymore. Does anyone else have this issue or know of any workarounds?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 5:32 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2021 7:04 AM in response to wheric

Hello wheric.

From what you've described, it looks like the volume is being reduced while using third-party apps but returns once your meetings are over.

You've done a great job of narrowing down that this is happening with your meeting apps. Since these are third-party products, it would be best to reach out to them for product support. If you need help finding steps on how to contact the developer, look here: How to contact an app developer. There might be a setting within their app or your account that might fix this and resolve your issue.

We hope this helps.

iPad Pro reduces volume to almost nothing of other apps during Zoom/Google Meet sessions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.